Grant Application Process
- Proposal Narrative – Maximum five single-spaced pages. Minimum 12-point font and 1-inch margins. Use these headings:
- Organization: Describe the organization, including mission and history, year established, geographic reach, staff size, and staff capabilities to conduct the proposed work
- Problem or opportunity: Describe the problem or opportunity to be addressed by the project. Describe the population that will benefit from the project, including an estimate of size or numbers.
- Activities: Describe the activities to be performed, and the services or products to be delivered, including quantities and a timeline. If the project is a partnership, describe each partner’s role. Explain why you chose this approach to the problem or opportunity.
- Expected results: Explain how participants or the community will benefit. (Provide specific, measurable expected results.) Describe the plan to determine the effectiveness of the project.
- Funding plan: Explain the project budget, including adjustments to be made if not all anticipated funding is received. Describe the plan, if any, to continue funding the project after the grant period ends.
- Project budget showing:
- Anticipated income (source, amount restrictions, and whether secured or pending)
- Anticipated expenses (overall expenses and expenses for which Make Change! Trust grant will be used)
- Board of directors list
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter (not required if applying through a fiscal sponsor)
- Financial statements
- Annual operating budget for the current year
- Balance sheet for the most recently completed fiscal year
- Income statement (or profit/loss statement) for the most recently completed fiscal year
- Local units of national organizations must submit local unit financial information
- Audited financial statements are preferred but not required